Food-related Meta-Issue -- was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Cola with sugar was Semi-OT: So... guten Pesach to them as does it...

Fairy Tale Designs fairytaledesigns at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 08:28:08 PDT 2006

I personally know HRH Sven and he is allergic to many items.  I had actually discussed this with him and his consort, Sir Kolfinna,  several months ago.  We were comparing notes since my husband is just real picky, whereas Sven simply can't eat many items.

  In all other things HRH Sven plays the game. HRH Sir Kolfinna is Caid's first female knight and up until recently, was one of my officers.  I would rather have soeone who cannot eat much at a feast then someone who has forbidden to have rapier at events where They may be present (and that just recently happened in another Kingdom)

  -Muiriath

"Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

On Apr 12, 2006, at 7:17 PM, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> Thank you! Are you interested in borrowing any of my equipment?
>
> I have looked over TRH's food list. You have my pity in trying to
> make
> something they both will eat. Even Selene's green pies sound like
> His Highness
> wouldn't touch it...
>
> Huette

Without getting all critical, especially since I'm hearing these
reports second-and-third-hand, how do people feel about the example
of a Crown Prince who will eat only cheese pizza?

How would they react to me if I said period garb is fine for other
people, but I'll only wear blue jeans and Air Jordans at events?

I could see if there were so many massive food allergies involved
that this was one of the few clearly safe options, but I'm not
getting the impression that that's the deal in this case...

Again, I'm not really trying to be critical here, but lately, given a
lot of what's been going on in my own Kingdom lately, I and some
others I know have been giving a great deal of thought as to what
we'd look for in a fighter we'd like to see entering the Crown
Tourney lists. Should a willingness to play the game in most or all
of its aspects (and I would submit having an acceptable dietary
repertoire of one dish might be argued to constitute such an
unwillingness) be considered by Royalty reading letters of intent?

Adamantius

"S'ils n'ont pas de pain, vous fait-on dire, qu'ils mangent de la
eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04