[Sca-cooks] Re:Picky Easters vs. Allergies

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Apr 13 10:59:03 PDT 2006

 > Though I see the concern about "cramping" the period aspects of a
>Feast, I also see how this situation can be hard on Royals. Having
>worked in several royal households, I can say that many  of them don't
>have time to pack a full day's worth of food for travel, or time to
>set-up at a feast table..as well as not wanting to offend hard-working
>cooks by pulling out their own foods at a feast.

I have so many grumpity responses to this one...
I think some crowns are easier to feed than others. I've had Royal Peers
in entourages actually pack an entire day's worth of food for their
sitting charges, then put the cooler back in the car with a sheepish "I
forgot we were coming to [our group]."

I've always been sucessful at getting either a stunt cook or a suck up
who can cook to cook for the Royals if they want something that isn't in
the regular menu. It goes out quietly to their table along with the
regular food for everybody else. It's the wierdo crowns (I want people
circulating all day with trays of canape's?), or the ones who are too
embedded to talk to you, that we have trouble with. But then my group's
motto is, "There will be food. It will be good. You will eat. You will
like."

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman