[Sca-cooks] Rum festion??

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Apr 14 10:36:59 PDT 2006

Rum fustian.  There are versions made with and without rum, so there is some
disagreement as to which is the original.  I tend to think with since rum
was a big import in the 18th Century.

Try these:

http://www.ftedward.com/History/OldFort/toll_house.htm
http://www.epicurious.com/drinking/drink_views/views/200315
http://www.sacredspiral.com/Database/barleycorn/RumFustian.htm

I may have a recipe in one of my 18th or 19th Century cookbooks, but I'm not
close to them at the second.

Bear