[Sca-cooks] Re: provencal Recipes

Sydney Walker Freedman freedmas at stolaf.edu
Fri Apr 14 18:52:12 PDT 2006

Do you mean to say that the recipes are in Occitan?  (It is related to
French, Spanish, and Catalan, by the way.)  I would like to see them.
Also, I have heard that the early 13th century northern cookery book that
Rudolf Grewe translated may be a translation of a Provencal cookbook.  Any
thoughts?  Can anyone confirm this idea (or not)?

Pax Christi,
Cecilia de Cambrige