[Sca-cooks] Beef Bafflement article

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Sat Apr 15 06:10:14 PDT 2006

> On Apr 15, 2006, at 8:11 AM, marilyn traber 011221 wrote:
> Maybe they won't be able
> to identify or locate the  one little muscle in the chuck from which
> chicken steaks are cut,  that doesn't need moist heat (random
> example; whatever), but they  will have a fair sense that they
> shouldn't broil a slice from the  shank or boil a porterhouse steak
> for three hours.
>
> Adamantius

I remember years ago, I had some friends who had been pretty broke most of
their lives, and I thought, as a special treat, I'd buy us all a full sized,
prime sirloin steak (my favorite cut) for dinner.

Ran an errand, and when I got back, discovered that she'd (shudder) put it in
the pressure cooker "to tenderize it".

Of course, that was the same lady, who, when I thought I'd put some water
chestnuts in the spaghetti sauce, as an experiment, was trying the tease me
about putting "peanuts" in my spaghetti sauce. Nice people, but rather
clueless about food...

Phlip