[Sca-cooks] Sausage Making

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Sat Apr 15 17:07:44 PDT 2006

Labor isn't going to be a problem. I do plan on making alot ahead of time and then cooking them up on site.

  Freezing was mentioned. Do most kinds freeze well?  I will not be making smoked ones, but they will have casings.

  I was also planning on making a test batch since I don't normally eat sausages, other then the breakfast kind.  OK, I guess hot dogs :)

  -Muiriath

Maggie MacDonald <maggie5 at cox.net> wrote:
  At 04:28 PM 4/15/2006,Fairy Tale Designs said something like:
>First I wanted to thank all those have helped my figure out ideas for the
>no kitchen issue and the "pizza only" issue.
>
> Now I have another question. Has anyone here made sausages and if so,
> did you find the task to be difficult? I am looking into buying a meat
> grinder/sausage combo for next to nothing. I remember someone saying
> that the casings can be difficult to find, but I have found an on-line
> source that ships them in brine and vaccumed sealed.
>
> I have found numerous recipes for the spices and techniques, but any
> suggestions on accompiments would be good to.
>
> -Muiriath

Sausage making like tamale or eggroll making isn't all that hard, but its
enough effort that I wouldn't do it just for four servings (unless you just
want a little ground/seasoned meat to be cooked in a crumbly state).

http://www.lost-soles.org/FeastMenu/Talanque%20Sausage.html

The documentation on that page is sketchy (okay, so its mostly missing),
but I've done sausages from scratch for feasts twice now. It's a bit of
effort,but it's not all that bad.

Cheers,
Maggie MacD.