[Sca-cooks] Sausage Making

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Sat Apr 15 19:06:16 PDT 2006

Never seen them in person but pictures.  My daughter actually says she wants to try it so I will make it a learning experiance as well.

  Only 5 more weeks until Coronation and I am getting excited. Going to try lots of new things.  Will try them here first to make it actually works. The barony just loves that, I take my tests to them and they get good food at fighter practice. That's how I usually get people to volunteer "if you like this, just imagine a whole feast of it!"

  -Muiriath

Robin Carroll-Mann <rcmann4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Fairy Tale Designs wrote:

>Being a pure city girl (as my Southern husband like to point out) I think the hardest part will be handling the casings. I hate touching inards and such. Even just taking out the gizzards and liver etc from a roasting chicken. They may be in a bag but I still don't like it.
>
> The wimpy one
> -Muiriath

Fear not! Have you ever seen pork casings? They have a very low "yuck
factor", compared to chicken innards. No blood, no slime. They come
dried and packed in salt, and are an unthreatening tan color. After
they've been soaked and rinsed, they resemble 15-ft condoms. Filling
them is.... an experience. (Like Brekke, I am easily amused.)

--

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
Robin Carroll-Mann *** rcmann4 at earthlink.net