[Sca-cooks] Sausage Making

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun Apr 16 06:06:39 PDT 2006

>  Now I have another question.  Has anyone here made sausages and if so,
> did you find the task to be difficult? I am looking into buying a meat
> grinder/sausage combo for next to nothing.   I remember someone saying
> that the casings can be difficult to find, but I have found an on-line
> source that ships them in brine and vaccumed sealed.
>
>  I have found numerous recipes for the spices and techniques, but any
> suggestions on accompiments would be good to.
>
>  -Muiriath

  Made salmon sausage following the recipe in Koge by hand loads of fun but
time consuming. For the most part I have made half a dozen different recipes
all period . Simple cost keeps me from doing more. Up here the cost of
making is higher then buying.
 If you plan on making lots the combo machine will make the task easier.  I
have one of my own, I wish I had gotten a slightly larger model though.
 Cealian