[Sca-cooks] Cola with sugar was Semi-OT: So... guten Pesach tothem as does it...

Margaret N margaretnorthwode at frontiernet.net
Tue Apr 18 08:47:11 PDT 2006

Jeff Gedney wrote:

>>I loath coffee... even though it does have a pleasant aroma...
>>

>if you loathe coffee but like the aroma, that means you have never had it properly made, from truly freshly roasted beans.

I have a heresy for you, Capt. Elias.

In my totally boring and un-dissolute youth, I drank (to the last drop -
heh) a mug of coffee which tasted as marvelous as it smelled. You will
declare me a liar when I tell you the source.

Individually sealed bag of uncaffeinated(!) Folger's.

No lie. I've not had one since whenever I got that source to have for
me, but it was, truly, as wonderful as it smelled. And it did smell
wonderful - AND this was prior to my now-chronic sinus problems, so you
can't blame it on my sniffer at the time. It actually ruined me for a
great deal of grocery-store coffee (which I drank at my grandfather's
knee from when I was small, with lots of milk, for a girl who loved milk
and caffeine from an early, early age). Even now, I drink it rarely, but
ever searching for that one cup, again.

Grinning evilly,
Margaret Northwode