[Sca-cooks] Cola with sugar was Semi-OT: So... guten Pesach tothemas does it...

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Tue Apr 18 08:53:20 PDT 2006

*snip*
> >if you loathe coffee but like the aroma, that means you have never had it
properly made, from truly freshly roasted beans.

> I have a heresy for you, Capt. Elias.
>
> In my totally boring and un-dissolute youth, I drank (to the last drop -
> heh) a mug of coffee which tasted as marvelous as it smelled. You will
> declare me a liar when I tell you the source.
>
> Individually sealed bag of uncaffeinated(!) Folger's.
>
> No lie. I've not had one since whenever I got that source to have for
> me, but it was, truly, as wonderful as it smelled. And it did smell
> wonderful - AND this was prior to my now-chronic sinus problems, so you
> can't blame it on my sniffer at the time. It actually ruined me for a
> great deal of grocery-store coffee (which I drank at my grandfather's
> knee from when I was small, with lots of milk, for a girl who loved milk
> and caffeine from an early, early age). Even now, I drink it rarely, but
> ever searching for that one cup, again.
>
> Grinning evilly,
> Margaret Northwode
*snip*

I have an even greater heresay... the few times I have tried coffee, and I
LOVE the aroma of coffee, it has either made me ill or caused my blood sugar
to go haywire and plummet.  This even includes the flavored coffees.  Due to
this, I will never attempt to drink coffee again, although I do love to be
around it and smell it.

Elizabeta of Rundel