[Sca-cooks] egg recipes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 18 13:03:42 PDT 2006

> As I mentioned, I acquired a few laying hens, and they're LAYING. Not only
> that, but Rob, not thinking, went and bought another flat of eggs (containing
> about 5 dozen. Since the laying hens are providing better than half a dozen
> eggs per day, and I expect that number to increase as they get better settled
> into their new home, we have eggs, eggs, and more eggs.
>
> SO... I need egg recipes. Period, modern, it doesn't matter. The only
> ingredients I want to avoid are mushrooms and bell peppers (serious allergy,
> and passionate dislike). I'm making a couple dozen deviled eggs at the
> moment, but any more suggestions will be gratefully appreciated ;-)
>
> Give us this day our daily cholesterol...
>
> Phlip

Actually, I make my mac 'n cheese casserole with eggs...layer lightly
cooked macaroni with SHARP cheddar cheese and butter until the casserole
dish is full.  Pour over it a mixture of eggs, milk, salt and pepper
(egg to milk ratio about what you'd do for Frech Toast or a little more
egg).  Bake at 350 for about an hour or until brown and bubbly.  Next
morning, slice the leftovers and fry in butter for breakfast.
Yummmmmmmm.....  This was my mother's recipe, and my favorite version of
mac 'n cheese.

Kiri