[Sca-cooks] Cola with sugar was Semi-OT: So... gutenPesach tothemas does it...

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Wed Apr 19 07:43:18 PDT 2006

>I have an even greater heresay... the few times I have tried coffee, and I
>LOVE the aroma of coffee, it has either made me ill or caused my blood sugar
>to go haywire and plummet.  This even includes the flavored coffees.  Due to
>this, I will never attempt to drink coffee again, although I do love to be
>around it and smell it.

Are you able to dink a coke? or does that cause the same effect?

There are people with high sensitivity to Caffeine, and what you
describe can be any number of reactions.
They can be sugar metabolism related or coming down from caffeine,
or even something else...

I have found that if I drink more than a cup or two of coffee, I
have to raise my water intake, or I also just "crash".
If I keep on top of my water intake, I can have as much as 11
cups a day, without much ill effect. (of course I am an
experienced coffee otaku, the amatuer should not attempt that much
without training)
The caffeine does not bother me half so much as dehydration.

Capt Elias
Dragonship Haven, East
(Stratford, CT, USA)
Apprentice in the House of Silverwing

-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas
- Help! I am being pecked to death by the Ducks of Dilletanteism!
There are SO damn many more things I want to try in
the SCA than I can possibly have time for.
It's killing me!!!

Upon the hempen tackle ship-boys climbing;
Hear the shrill whistle which doth order give
To sounds confused; behold the threaden sails,
Borne with the invisible and creeping wind,
Draw the huge bottoms through the furrow'd sea,
Breasting the lofty surge: O, do but think
You stand upon the ravage and behold
A city on the inconstant billows dancing;
For so appears this fleet majestical,
Holding due course to Harfleur.
  - Shakespeare - Henry V, Act III, Prologue