[Sca-cooks] Not at all food related meta issue

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Thu Apr 20 13:22:20 PDT 2006

> Wait a minute, I just realized I'm one of those dumb
> stickjocks you guys need the regular folk protected from.
> Hmmm...please let me rephrase my last commentary.
>
> ahem.....<cough, cough>

Ah, well,

Sorta.

Unfortunately, you don't qualify as a stick jock, because you have a brain
cell or two, and they've actually been known to see a little bit of use. Same
with Cariadoc, and quite a few others I know.

But, there are far too many who, unlike you, armor up in their combat boots,
glaring blue uncovered barrel bits and hockey pads, fight a few rounds, and
go home, never having done anything else at the event, including getting into
garb.

And, there are far too many folks with the attitude that Adamantius was
describing, that if you ain't a hot stick, you ain't nothing. These are the
same ones who never grew out of the high school BMOC football thing.

Now, you, you do other things- and I know you wear garb, because those white
tights are imprinted on my memory ;-)

And, I also know you tried very hard as King- in fact, I think I could
describe you as VERY trying ;-)

But there are those who don't, and those are the ones I tend to avoid- and
the easiest way to avoid most of them is by either avoiding RPs, or by
avoiding the area of the event where the fighters are- quite a trick, if
you're a Chirurgeon ;-) And, I don't hate all fighters- in fact one of my
best students recently was a Knight from the West who wanted to learn forge
welding. But, it's easier to avoid the annoying ones by avoiding all of them,
figuring the decent ones will apear at other areas of the event eventually.

And, if I may make a suggestion, you really need to work on your Joisey thug
accent ;-) Maybe Adamantius can give you some pointers ;-)

Phlip