[Sca-cooks] Not at all food related meta issue

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Apr 20 14:00:26 PDT 2006

At 11:42 AM 4/20/2006, you wrote:
>Hmm Most line of successsion was just that succession, not combat lol yes
>a few thrones were over turned but not as many as was handed down and down
>and married into etc.
>
>Chass Brown A.K.A.

Just as a quick count:

The throne of England, counting only from the Norman Conquest to the Death
of Elizabeth I, has two periods of outright civil war, five depositions
(with following murders) and a strongly suspected murder (Wm II
'accidental' shooting in the New Forest). Of 23 reigns, that's 7
non-standard transfers of power. More than 32%.

The line of kings before the Conquest was even messier, and things on the
continent were worse. Frankly, I think that our record over the past 40
years is pretty good.

'Lainie