[Sca-cooks] Pizzelles

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 20 19:59:28 PDT 2006

> I have done things with soy flour and was unimpressed...the soy pancakes
> were not at all tasty, IMHO.  I wonder what would happen if you
> substituted almond flour for the soy flour?  It's also quite low in
> carbs and high in protein.
>
> Kiri (who got a pizzelle maker for Christmas and would love to be able
> to play with it!!)

Yay new toys!  The guy who said that the difference between men and boys was
the price of their toys never saw my bills for kitchen equipment.  Chuckle.

Soy flour isn't all that stimulating, that's why I suggest various flavor
additives.  It works for papadums, doesn¹t it?    Papadums are made from
legume flour, so are these - with less fat in the cooking process.  Yum, now
there's an idea, garam masala type spices.  Next time!

I've done things with the straight soy pancakes that Dr. Atkins wouldn¹t
recognize, including disguising them with sour cream and caviar as "Blini'.
Now that's one way we felt luxurious and not dietically-deprived at all!

Well, you could try almond flour if it were really, really flour-fine.  The
egg provides most of the cohesion anyway.

For some reason, I've got the Monty Python "Albatross" sketch going through
my mind.  "Do you get wafers with it?"  "It's a bloody sea-bird mate, you
don't get wafers with it!"  But apparently you do get wafers with Pelicans!

Selene