Regional Wines - was RE: Verjuice - was Re: [Sca-cooks] Rumpolt Hungarian Chicken

Tom Vincent tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 03:53:30 PDT 2006

How wonderful!  Here in Delaware, there are a lot of wonderful wineries just over the border in PA, so I've been enjoying what wines the Northeast have to offer.  They don't really do great reds, but the whites (especially reislings) are quite good.  Some of the really crappy wineries (especially the ones tied to a Renn faire) hide the shabbiness of their product with spices and flavors (apple, cranberry, etc.) without shame, but those are pretty easy to avoid.

  One favorite winery is Va La, which specializes in Northern Italian wines and also carries local mushrooms, cave-aged cheeses and breads.  A real treat.

  Duriel

K C Francis <katiracook at hotmail.com> wrote:
  That is my favorite too. It is also the most drinkable of any I've tried.
Chilled and over lots of ice it is very refreshing. Our Beltane Coronation
(five days!!!) is just down the road from the winery. I plan on making a
stop to stock up on verjus and their great wine juices.

I am toooo spoiled living in Marin (Shire of Caldarium) and daytripping to
various wine regions on a regular basis. I will be at an event in the
Barony of Vinhold (Napa/Sonoma) this weekend and will make a few stops.

Katira

Tom Vincent
Demon Prince (retired)