[Sca-cooks] Wines at a Feast **The New Policy**

Colin MacNachtan dcm at mccr.org
Fri Apr 21 16:02:31 PDT 2006

--On Friday, April 21, 2006 15:53:42 -0700 "Laura C. Minnick"
<lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

> This policy is new- all of two weeks ago. I'm surprised that I didn't see
> screaming and yelling about it. I'm mildly curious as to why the policy
> was changed, but not enough to poke my nose into it.

My guess would be due to the legal minefields that are alcohol laws of the
various states in the US, especially with the current anti-drinking
hysteria and the eagerness some people find to blame others for their own
mistakes, with the attendant lawsuit.

Given the liability incurred by restaurants/bars that serve alcohol and by
the bartenders that work there, I'm mildly surprised any of them are able
to stay in business.  I can see the SCA wanting to stay far away from that
mess.

Colin