[Sca-cooks] Wines at a Feast **The New Policy**

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Fri Apr 21 19:30:17 PDT 2006

I will never understand why we have to have laws that keep us from doing
stupid things.  If someone does something stupid, make them pay for it
(one way or another, depending on severity of stupidity, of course), but
why prohibit everyone everywhere from doing something similar?  Why
can't we put the responsibility for our actions upon ourselves?
Sorry, rhetorical question, don't really want to get another political
discussion going, it just peeves me :/

Feastcrat, no 'o', thank you.
:)
Christianna

My guess would be due to the legal minefields that are alcohol laws of
the
various states in the US, especially with the current anti-drinking
hysteria and the eagerness some people find to blame others for their
own
mistakes, with the attendant lawsuit.

Given the liability incurred by restaurants/bars that serve alcohol and
by
the bartenders that work there, I'm mildly surprised any of them are
able
to stay in business.  I can see the SCA wanting to stay far away from
that
mess.

Colin