[Sca-cooks] Wines at a Feast **The New Policy**

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Fri Apr 21 16:13:41 PDT 2006

*snip*

> That would fall under 'furnishing'. Frankly I don't see a way around it.
> Diners could bring their own- provided the site is wet. But that's it.
>
> This policy is new- all of two weeks ago. I'm surprised that I didn't see
> screaming and yelling about it. I'm mildly curious as to why the policy
was
> changed, but not enough to poke my nose into it.
>
> 'Lainie
*snip*

I must respectfully disagree with the statement that this is a new rule.  As
a former autocrat and seneschal, we discussed this issue at one point during
the planning stage of an event I assisted with.  The rule was already in the
books back then, and this was several years ago.  Now, having said this,
they may have made some changes to the language, which would account for it
appearing to be a new rule.

Alcoholic beverages cannot be provided by the group hosting the event,
regardless of how it is presented.  Individuals can serve and provide
alcoholic beverages at their own risk, but every occasion I have seen this
happen the individuals required photo ID's for proof of age before serving
or providing alcohol, to cover their own arse.  Most groups tend to
discourage even this, due to the possible legal issues if an underage person
does manage to obtain alcohol and gets drunk and does somthing stupid while
under the influence.

Elizabeta of Rundel