[Sca-cooks] Double Posts

Celia des Archier celiadesarchier at cox.net
Fri Apr 21 16:48:09 PDT 2006

Just FYI,

Cc'g the original poster or the person asking a question only ensures that
the reply won't get lost in their in box *if* that person has rules set up
to specifically sort those copies somewhere else.  IME that's an exception
(to the point of being a rarity) rather than a rule.  Most people who have
rules set up to sort their e-mail have their rules set up to organize lists
into individual folders, which leaves only those things which *aren't* being
handled by the rules end up in their Inbox.

When you send a dupe copy to most people, you simply ensure that they end up
with duplicate copies in the folder they have set aside for that list.  And
in those cases the two copies generally end up sitting right next to each
other.  IME unless an individual requests that you send them an individual
cc of everything because their system is set up to need the duplicate,
sending a duplicate is more of a bother than not.

On the other hand, since I hit reply (not "reply to all") and it cc'd
Anne-Marie Rousseau [dailleurs at liripipe.com], automatically, I expect that
Anne-Marie's got her e-mails encoded for her "reply to" to always cc her, so
unless you manually adjust your "to" field, anytime you click "reply" on her
e-mails it will always send a double post *to her* (not to the list.) It's
possible that other folks may have their "reply to" fields set similarly, in
which case they're essentially "requesting" a duplicate because, for some
reason, they prefer one.

Celia