[Sca-cooks] Ginger Woes, was Jadwiga's Ginger Syrup recipe

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Apr 22 20:30:58 PDT 2006

Uh-oh.  I've goofed.  Hugely.  Having been more than a little intrigued by
the discussions of Jadwiga's Cureall <g>, I decided I had to partake of some
myself, but being without the recipe when I was at the grocery store, I
purchased, well, *koff* a LOT of ginger, and not some simple 4-5 inch piece,
as I saw in her original post, post-purchase.  I also have whole lemons
rather than lemon juice.  Urkkk.....
Anybody got any ideas on what I can do with the better part of a pound of
fresh ginger, and some fresh lemons? My first thought was gingerale, but I
don't have the brewing equipment, or the time to deal with it right now
(going out of town next weekend), or, come to think of it, the room for the
brewing equipment.  What's my best bet? Some sort of candied ginger? About
the only thing I've come up with for the lemons is my spring favorite,
completely unperiod, Ohio Lemon Pie, but it's just me, and I don't want to
be eating pie for a week.  *sigh*
--Maire, in a quandry ;o)