[Sca-cooks] Pizzelles

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Apr 24 01:43:32 PDT 2006

On Apr 24, 2006, at 3:18 AM, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> I believe the first time I used the Scots pinhead oats, but
> subsequent times I used
> Quaker oats... I know.  Blasphemy.  But I didn't notice too much of
> a difference and
> my guests didn't say anything.  I am sure, though, that you would
> have and given me
> a what for for using inferior products, but there was sufficient
> time between the
> makings that I had used up the pinhead and I didn't feel like
> spending the money to
> buy more.  So I made do with Quaker oats... Mea culpa...
>
> Huette

Actually, there are a number of applications for rolled oats where
they sorta come in handy; I just hate the mouth feel of porridge made
with them. For this kind of thing, though, you might think about
trying rolled or even instant oats (both of which are certainly
cheaper and more readily available than pinhead oats in the US)
ground in a coffee grinder (they're soft and grind like a dream) to a
finer, meal-like consistency.

Hey, I don't believe in food snobbery for its own sake... ;-)

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04