[Sca-cooks] bacon in corn bread

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Mon Apr 24 11:46:19 PDT 2006

I don't know about recipe books, but that is how my grandmother
made it. We aren't African American...my heritage is pure West
Virginia hillbilly (Clay County to be exact). I remember her
keeping a coffee can next to the stove to collect the bacon grease
for use in other recipes.

Ysabeau
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra

Cat Dancer wrote:

>I have a recipe for corn bread that calls for bacon grease as its
fat.
>It's from one of those compilation cookbooks, this one with a
Chicago

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net