[Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Apr 26 18:42:49 PDT 2006

At 09:32 AM 4/26/2006, you wrote:

>Actually, I don't really do feasts...I do lunches and dinner for a
>small group of friends at events where there is no feast or lunch
>served.

That's sort of what I do too. I believe in cooking real food at events, not
living on canned chili (like some folk I know). I usually feed somewhere
between 4 and 10 adults on a Saturday night. The crowd was bigger when the
Gaggle o' Girls (TM) were travelling with me, but they're all off at
college and things like that now. (Kelly is leaving to teach English in
Inner Mongolia! Is that cool, or what?!)

Last tourney season, Chykens in Hochee was popular, along with Losyns (or
Macrows- I can never remember which is which) and Strawberye.

I don't have the physical resources to work on a feast for an event, but
having guests for dinner I can handle. And I enjoy entertaining. (Just wish
I enjoyed cleaning up!)

'Lainie