[Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Wed Apr 26 19:09:58 PDT 2006

At least here in Caid weekend events aren't common other then war. So cooking  a dinner at an event isn't done too often.  Having said that, I have done several lunches for small groups, mostly Royal ones.  Also, when we goe to Estrella, our groups sets up a communial kitchen where each person (or couple) will make dinner for 1 night. Sometimes 2 or more people will team up and provide more then 1 or 2 courses.

  I personally like when lunch is offfered at an event (again not that common here but it seems to be gaining in popularity)

  The last event that my barony hosted was a 2 day Crown. Though we didn't offer a lunch or dinner, we did offer use of the huge fire pit for BBQ'ing. From what I seen, it was a huge success.  Even TRM's brought food to be cooked.

  When I do the lunches for a local war, it is usualy for 10-15 people. Royalty and visiting Landed Baronage  Not sure how we will work that though this year since I will be the hosting Baroness.  Have to figure something out cause I love doing them. The luncheon site is set up next to a small lake (ok pond to some of you) and a pavillion is used to offer shade. Musicians and bards perform throughout the meal.  Usually only 3 or 4 courses. 2 years ago I did Mongolian complete with wok'ed spicy beef and mongolian flat bread Yummy.

  -Muiriath

"Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:
  At 09:32 AM 4/26/2006, you wrote:

>Actually, I don't really do feasts...I do lunches and dinner for a
>small group of friends at events where there is no feast or lunch
>served.

That's sort of what I do too. I believe in cooking real food at events, not
living on canned chili (like some folk I know). I usually feed somewhere
between 4 and 10 adults on a Saturday night. The crowd was bigger when the
Gaggle o' Girls (TM) were travelling with me, but they're all off at
college and things like that now. (Kelly is leaving to teach English in
Inner Mongolia! Is that cool, or what?!)

Last tourney season, Chykens in Hochee was popular, along with Losyns (or
Macrows- I can never remember which is which) and Strawberye.

I don't have the physical resources to work on a feast for an event, but
having guests for dinner I can handle. And I enjoy entertaining. (Just wish
I enjoyed cleaning up!)

'Lainie