[Sca-cooks] Travelling with Medications

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 22:41:39 PDT 2006

Corwyn wrote:
I will have to carry stevia extract, tea tree oil and several vitamin
supplements as well as prescription medications. The prescriptions
shouldn't be a problem, but there is apparently some worry about the
supplements, stevia and tea tree oil... I seem to remember there being an
EU rule about supplements not prescribed by a Doctor being a problem.

I can't imagine that it would be a problem to carry supplements overseas.
Europe is a lot more receptive to alternative medicine than the US is.
Homeopathy is used daily by large segments of the population over there,
and England even has an accredited homeopathic college that creates new
homeopathic tinctures. Maybe the EU itself has created rules about it, but
even so it shouldn't be hard to find your supplements there even. However,
this is only from what I've read - I've never lived in Europe and could be
all wrong, esp. about rules under the European Union.

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.