[Sca-cooks] marshmallow recipe

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Aug 29 17:55:43 PDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2006, at 7:38 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:
> > Ya gotta check out Martha Stewart's recipe here
> > https://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?
> > type=content&id=recipe1231&contentGroup=MSL&site=living
> > *S'more Squares*
> > Makes 9
> > This recipe is best with our homemade marshmallows (steps one through
> > four). They can be prepared up to two days ahead.
> >
> > Johnnae
>
> This looks fairly similar to the "Cooking for Engineers" recipe
> posted earlier, about which the author of same said something about
> them being a little too sweet on the outside (they're dusted with
> powdered sugar; maybe their higher surface area makes a difference as
> compared to the regular commercial jobbies).
>
> I wonder if the same product could be achieved using less sugar?
>
> Adamantius

Might be worth a try, As we all know, sugar is a very interesting
substance. Changing the balance of sugar and gelatin might make
something particularly interesting, or just a gooey mess ;-) Any
volunteers?

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....