[Sca-cooks] preventing apple oxidation

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 18 05:07:59 PST 2006

then Ranvaig wrote:
>Please don't use nutrasweet at a feast without labeling. It would
>make me extremely ill, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

>Perhaps try carbonated mineral water with no sweetener. I'd presume
>it is the phosphoric acid that stops the apples from turning brown,
>not the lemon flavor.

Are they still using Nutrasweet in sodas? I thought everyone had switched
to Splenda. Diet Rite is a brand I know is made with Splenda only. I also
thought that phosphoric acid was only an ingredient in carmelized sodas,
i.e. cola.

Aislinn/AEscwynn
Et si omnes, ego non.

How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.
-- Marcus Aurelius