[Sca-cooks] Just suppose...

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 9 19:25:49 PST 2006

> ...you could get cast iron cookware in any shape you wanted.
> What shapes would you guys want?
>
> As it happens, one of my mundane (although not for long if I can help
> it) friends is retiring, and one thing he wants to do is
> start making cast iron cookware. If we can develop a market,
> he'd be happy to make it in shapes we want.
>
> So, what shapes would you guys want, that aren't available
> today? My idea was a cast iron griddle, with legs- Rob
> thought a square cast iron skillet would be good. What else?
> --
> Saint Phlip

A coal-holding lid for said square skillet would be good -- for
top-browning / pseudo-salamander duty...

(For reference of anyone who hasn't seen one before, "Coal-holding lid"
= equivalent of a camp-fire Dutch Oven lid with the center loop, or pair
of side handles, and a rim that allows you to load and manipulate it
while loaded with hot coals.)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen