[Sca-cooks] Acidulation (was RE: barley meal)

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 16 16:46:30 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
standard
lemon juice.  I know it's a modern thing, but I prefer the results.   It
protects
fruit from browning, but the sweetness of the beverage leaves  the fruit
fresh
tasting not tangy from the acidic ingredients (lemon, vinegar,  etc.)
normally used.

You should also be pleased with pineapple juice.  Sweetness and accidity
combined.  Not the syrup some are packed in, but the packing real juice or
just pineaplpe juice from a separate source.

niccolo difrancesco
(periodness is subject to your own interpretation of the literature)