[Sca-cooks] a valiant struggle ends

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Thu Dec 14 05:16:38 PST 2006

 Forwarded with permission from Mistress Asenath

 Baron Master Joram Goldspoons passed from this world at 3:35am this morning
(Wednesday December 13). While he put up a valiant fight for his life, it was
not to be, and at least his suffering is now ended. May he rest in peace at
last. He will be greatly missed by family and friends. There will be no
services,
at his request.

Thanks once again for keeping him in thoughts and prayers for all of this
past year.

We will continue to give support to his mother until she can arrange to
relocate back to PA, and any help will be hugely appreciated. With his blessing,
we
will be selling some of his SCA stuff to raise money for her (at Birka and
possibly other events).
To honor Joram's memory, we have ideas for a website, a recipe book, an event
at some point to celebrate and remember his life and our friendships, and
even for a cooking competition event in the future. If you have ideas, photos,
or
recipes to share, or want to help in some way, please email me at
GEastokes at aol.com. Thanks again for all the support and compassion you have
shown, that
has reminded me of why I am so proud to be a member of this group!

---Baroness Mistress Asenath Chamberly of Morrismount

P.S. PLease forward this message to other lists and/or individuals as you see
fit, particularly to the Laurel and the Cooks' Guild lists. Thanks, and my
apologies, as always, for cross-posting.