[Sca-cooks] killing Rosemary

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 27 22:49:39 PST 2006

Kiri moaned:

Radei Drchevich wrote:
 > I can kill the most vigerous Rosemary in less than 1 week.  Can
 > grow exocitics, and just about anything else, but Rosemary is my
 > Achillese heel.
 >
 > joy
 > radei

Mine, too.  I've tried everything...planted it in rich garden spots,
kept it watered, starved it, planted it in inhospitable spots, in pots,
fed it.....nothing seems to work.  I've bought large plants that should
have survived anything, small twigs...whatever.  I know we live in a
zone where it flourishes...my best friend has a large bush.  So I
dunno....
<<<

But Rosemary is a culinary herb. You two are probably just
overharvesting it. You know, it really doesn't do well when you strip
off all of the poor plant's leaves for your latest culinary
endeavors. :-)

I don't hear you complaining about killing the poison sumac. It's not
a culinary herb. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas