[Sca-cooks] Fwd: update on Joram (Sunday)

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Mon Jan 30 16:17:06 PST 2006

Subject: update on Joram (Sunday)

(With apologies for cross-postings)
Joram continues to improve. Today he was moved from ICU into a "regular" room
in the transplant unit--a big step forward. Doctors say he is "on schedule"
in the process. Healing has begun and they are giving him low doses of morphine
for the pain, and he was tired after being moved when Countess Morgan and I
stopped in, but we were able to show him the "well wishes" book we started and
shared a bunch of the messages we collected at Birka. His immune system is
very much impaired at present and his risk of infection is high, so we had to
wipe down the book with antiseptic and he had to wear gloves to handle it, but
that is to be expected.

We will continue to collect more messages at events in the month or so coming
up.

Joram is likely to be in the hospital for at least the next month, and it
could take a year before he is really doing well. Your support means a
tremendous
amount to him and can make a huge difference in his healing process. Please
continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you all!

--Mistress Asenath