[Sca-cooks] If you have the brass...

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 3 06:01:36 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----

<SNIP>
> Thank you. This sounds like a good way to go. Several folks mentioned  the
> idea of eliminating a plate to wash. I particularly like that  idea. I
> switched from brass tableware to pewter because I got tired  of the
> process. 1) Polish the brass tableware. 2) Wait a couple of  weeks or more
> until the next event. 3) Polish the brass tableware. 4)  Go to the event
> and watch the brass tableware start to oxidize before  the meal is over.
> 5) Polish the brass tableware... go to 2 and repeat.

<SNIP>

Has anyone had any luck with a food-grade clear coating over brass tableware
(NOT cookware!)?
Lacquered / varnished / polyurethaned?

(Admittedly, this would not directly address the extended camping
situation...)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen