[Sca-cooks] OOP Question

Carol Smith Eskesmith at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:43:20 PST 2006

Below is a variant of the cheesecake recipe found in Digby.  I've not started it with the whole milk and rennet -  yet.  But this is good, and you can, of course, make it to taste.

Regards,
Brekke

Digby's Cheesecake Variant

Filling:

Cream Cheese  2 X 8 oz
Whole Egg  1
Egg yolks  3
Butter   0.5 lb
Sugar   0.5 - 0.75 C
Clove, ground  0.125 tsp
Mace   0.25 tsp
Salt   dash

Mix cream cheese and butter together.  Add sugar & salt.  Whip with egg beater or by hand, adding egg and egg yolks slowly.  Add spices last.  Taste and adjust sugar and spices to taste.

Crust:

Flour   1.5 C
Sugar   2 Tbsp
Salt   pinch
Butter   0.25 lb
Egg Yolks  3
Water   1 Tbsp

Mix flour, sugar, and salt together.  Cut in butter and add egg yolks and water.  Press into spring form pan, 9.5 inches round, to 1.5 inch height.

Pour batter into crust and bake 45 minutes @ 350 F or until done  Good hot or cold.

Note: 1 double recipe makes enough for  2.5" by 8.75 inch cake tin-sized cakes.

(OOPS - NO NUMBER GIVEN: I think it will make three.)