[Sca-cooks] Any good Lamb recipes?

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sun Jan 8 11:00:00 PST 2006

At 09:00 AM 1/8/2006,Fairy Tale Designs said something like:
>I was recently asked to cook feast for an event in June. The autocrats had
>requested a main dish with Lamb (with a choice of chicken for those who
>don't like lamb)  Anyway, it is have been some time since I have cooked
>lamb, and then it was a simple roast barded with garlic and rosemary .
>Anyone have any recipe they would like to share? The feat will have about
>100-150 people.
>
>   I wasn't given any specific region or time that they wanted me to stick
> with, so it is pretty much open. As for a budget, that hasn't been
> determined yet, but I would like to give them a few choices (inexpensive,
> moderate and oh my gosh how much?)
>
>   Rosemary is out though (His Majesty is allergic to it)
>
>   -Muiriath

I cooked mutton for 12th night for His Majesty (and 12-13 guests at head
table), and all we did was baste it with garlic, candied ginger, and red
wine (as the rosemary is right out).  I then deboned it and froze it.

On site it was broken apart from large masses, basted lightly with a little
beef broth to make sure it stayed moist.

For such a simple dish it got some huge raves.

The feast was for 150, I cooked 26 chickens, 16 pork roasts, and about 2
entire sheep.  There was a bit left over, and amazingly, there wasn't much
of the mutton at all.

Btw, i hear that pomegranate chicken is just "out" these days. During his
last reign he was served it six times in a month. (That poor dear).

Cheers,
Maggie MacD.
Only moderately sane after doing the 12th night in Caid.