[Sca-cooks] Any good Lamb recipes?

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sun Jan 8 15:07:15 PST 2006

At 11:17 AM 1/8/2006,Fairy Tale Designs said something like:
>Oh darn, wish we had stayed :) it's a 3 hour drive home though to Dun Or
>and we both had to work today.
>
>   So just out of curiosity, where did you get the sheep?
>
>   -Muiriath

The halal butcher counter at: Near East Foods, 4595 El Cajon Blvd, San
Diego, CA 92115-4316. (He was running a sale at $1.69 lb).

I believe that what the hispanic meat markets sell as "chivo" is also
usually New Zealand mutton. (That was what we cooked for Twelfth Night in
El Cajon about 8-9 years ago, presented as "roast kid"). I didn't see
exactly where this came from, I was a little distracted with getting it
processed ASAP.

Cheers,
Maggie MacD.