[Sca-cooks] Tomatoes( was Philip)

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 12 20:10:59 PST 2006

<<<SNIP>>

> So indeed, I think that the Arabic direction might be an interesting
> avenue of pursuit for the ancestors of paella.
>
> Glad Tidings,
> Serena da Riva

As I was beaten to the punch on this one, one may well consider all
invasionary groups in the time frame of interest.  It is seen already in the
existing corpus how Martino and Catalan have some significant overlap.
Cultural influences of visiting and invading armies are big doin's in Spain
every now and again.  It's not like they're Sicily or Sardinia getting
rolled over every 50 years for eons, but Spain had their unwelcome visitors
as well as immigrants coming in more peaceable venues.

pacem et bonum,

niccolo difrancesco