[Sca-cooks] medieval dog recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 22:46:37 PST 2006

Drakey replied to my question with:

 > On Jan 15, 2006, at 1:32 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
 >> In part I was kidding. However, I would be interested in any
 >> evidence of dogs being eaten in our period and area of study.
 >
 > Cat, ermine, and hedgehog I can document, but not dog.

With YSCY as a source you can add every form of sheep offal your
delerious mind
could imagine, wolf, and chinese badger. Wolf's kinda close to dog I
suspect ;)
<<<

What is "YSCT"? Is that the book that Adamantius was just mentioning?
"every form of sheep offal"? You mean haggis? :-)

Is the documentation for eating wolf and chinese badger for Europe?
Or Asia? When?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas