[Sca-cooks] Re: cold cereal and milk

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jan 23 05:54:35 PST 2006

I shall have to do some more looking but my thought about this
aspect was along the lines that cows were milked early in the am
and that there would have been fresh milk avavilable in the morning
that could have been used.
F, Marion McNeill who wrote The Scots Kitchen also did a book on
breakfasts and that seems to me to be the place to start this search as
regards milk and porridge. She included a lot of material besides recipes as
I recall.
I have to do some early text work in the next couple of days.  I'll try and
see what Dr. Moffet/Muffett  has to say on the matter.

Johnna