[Sca-cooks] Re: cold cereal and milk

Cat Dancer pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Jan 23 06:56:11 PST 2006

When my aunt and uncle had cows, the milk we had at breakfast was from the
previous evening's milking which had been left to cool and separate so you
could skim the cream. Milk from the morning milking was still too warm to
be putting on cereal. IIRC this was similar to what's mentioned in the
Little House books.

Margaret FitzWilliam