[Sca-cooks] First cookbooks....

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Tue Jul 18 16:18:15 PDT 2006

1.  What was the first cookbook you ever owned, all by yourself?
A book on the history of the sandwich published by Scholastic.  I think it is
still at my parents home.  Next time I am there I will be looking for it

2.  What was the first cookbook you remember cooking from?
A little local book from the Presbyterian Church from Sheffield Ontario.  I made the
"Yum Yum" cake cause it sounded so cool. But I was cooking things like scrambled eggs by the
time I was six and I was also making pyrohy since I was five (but not cooking it on the stove) -
just making it.

3.  What was the first period cookbook/food text you ever owned?
Pleyn Delite (1st edition)

Thanks for asking Maire.  This was fun.

Marina