[Sca-cooks] Pennsic history

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jul 31 19:01:34 PDT 2006

> They and the local economy profit get a substantial boost from
> Pennsic. Some of you may remember a number of years ago that several
> PA state troopers sat just down the road pulling folks over and
> ticketing them for having the parking permit tags hanging from their
> mirrors. IMHO, this was strictly a stunt to fill the local tax
> coffers. That cost many SCA folk money they were needing for gas and
> meals to get home. When word got back to Pennsic, and the Coopers,
> apparently the Coopers made a few calls and the troopers disappeared
> not to reappear in succeeding years.

Just FYI, I believe those were local cops, and legend has it, from the
next town over. The place where the alleged incident occurred wasn't,
from all I have heard, a state or federal highway. Also, I'm not aware
of ANY locality in PA that requires, or even allows, you to pay the
tickets on the spot.

-- Jadwiga