[Sca-cooks] Jumbo Shrimp in Caramel Pepper-Garlic Sauce

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 07:33:09 PDT 2006

In a message dated 6/8/2006 10:18:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tom.vincent at yahoo.com writes:

<<What *really* didn't go over well were the chicken hearts  marinated in
cider vinegar, parsley and cinnamon.  Fourteen pounds of  chicken hearts.>>

They went over well at my table.  We only had 6 people at it and we  ate most
of the bowl we were given.  Even one of the people who can be  picky about
food textures ate a few.
Well, OK, two of us ate most of them.  The two who are adventurous  eaters.
14 lbs was really a bit much; I don't think I'd have made that  much if I was
feeding 300, and there weren't nearly that many people  eating...
David's a good cook and getting really into period foods; now we need to
work on portion sizes....

Brangwayna