[Sca-cooks] Recipe and menu ideas wanted

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Fri Jun 16 07:34:04 PDT 2006

>Hello!  I have two questions to throw to the group:
>1) I'll be running an all day kitchen in a couple weeks.  Asking
>for donations, I got 2 big cans of crab meat.
>It's about 2 lbs.of crab, so I figure an appetizer type
> something, but what?   <snip>
>2)  I want to "one-up" my supervisor.  We plan parties/special
>lunches around the various holidays.  I work with adulis with
>{profound & severe} developmental disabilities.  Most have either
>problems with chewing & swallowing or have no teeth.

My first thought is Crab cakes.
If you make em small like large tatertots, they can be fried
and used as finger food, with a nice slightly spicy dip sauce.
You can shred the ingredients small, to make chewing easier.

but...
lets see Mediterranean context...
You can use the Crab, with some scallions and herbs (to your
liking) as a filling for savory crepes...

Capt Elias
Dragonship Haven, East
Apprentice in the House of Silverwing
-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas