[Sca-cooks] Reindeer was Air Mattress (was Pennsic Pity Party)

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sun Jun 18 23:08:17 PDT 2006

Daniel  Phelps <phelpsd at gate.net> [2006.06.18] wrote:
> How are safe levels in meat established?  Does cesium concentrate in
> specific organs or the bones? In Scandinavia I would think that the problem
> would have affected the Sami (the Lapps?) the most severely in that IIRC
> they are the most associated with the herding of reindeer.

Probably by studying animal models. Cesium is acumulated in muscle
tissue, but is also rather quickly moved out of there (halftime for
adults is 3 months, for babies 1 month). I know that there is some
special concern (and dietary recommendations) for Sami and others who
eat a lot of game or fish from affected areas.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sex is like a bridge game -- If you have a good hand no partner is needed.