[Sca-cooks] Hellooooo......

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Mon Mar 20 07:33:53 PST 2006

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:41:39 -0700
  "Sue Clemenger" <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
> Is anybody in there?

spent saturday helping the local college branch feed about
200 people for $157.23 in an area without cooking
equipment and the only water from the bathroom.

spent sunday recovering.

the two gals i was mentoring were pretty good.  understood
pinching pennies.  we worked with polish sausages, prefab
meatballs, pepperoni, salami, salmon tarts, hbe's (some
cracked like tea eggs, but with red beet dye for college
colors red/white), cheese spreads, bread and pita, hummus,
mustard, cottage cheese herb dip.  three people donated
turkeys, and lord jt deep fried them outside (we only used
two... so windy it took forever to cook, not to mention
trying to keep burner lit!).  we had two huge bins, and i
mean bins, of biscochitoes in stag and wolf head shapes,
sheild shapes with college colors, jam tarts and three
pans of baklava with melted ice cream on top as a sauce
(which i insisted on calling creme anglaise since the
donor was a bit embarrased about the ice cream not staying
hard).

lots of apples and cheese and bread and cookies donated
from populace (we stressed finger food) so it was all
good.

so was the scotch and hot tub when i got home.  8)

cailte

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
University of New Mexico
Office of Freshman Admissions