[Sca-cooks] Madeleine P. Cosman has passed on

RUTH EARLAND rtannahill at verizon.net
Fri Mar 24 06:46:18 PST 2006

For some of us, "Fabulous Feasts" was our introduction to medieval cookery.
When it was published, there was not the body of literature that now exists.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Some dive in, others approach research
somewhat more skittishly, in stages, gradually including more unfamiliar
ideas into their comfort zone. For me, certainly, "Fabulous Feasts" was a
bridge into a new world. Before that, my ideas about medieval food came from
the turkey legs, sausage-onna-stick, and funnel cakes of ren faires.

Berelinde
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom