[Sca-cooks] Pasta making and baking with semolina flour

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 27 10:53:11 PST 2006

Jeff Gedney wrote:

>>"Cooking Showdown" this weekend was all about noodle dishes,
>>and they mentioned some Yakisoba [fried thin noodles] colored
>>with Turmeric. That sounds appealing to me, and healthy too.
>>

>Awww, jeese!
>Now I am jonesing for a good yakisoba, and I haven't been
>able to find any place in Connecticut that even serves
>the stuff! (I am not even sure about NYC anymore.)
>
>Capt Elias
>Dragonship Haven, East
>(Stratford, CT, USA)
>Apprentice in the House of Silverwing

Oh dear, I'm at least a little bit sorry.  Maybe you could make do with
some cooked cappellini [or make your own noodles like Phlip is doing!]
and a lot of shoyu, five-spice and veggies.

NYC will work though;  the first ones that Google turned up [keywords
"Connecticut" "yakisoba"]  was Swish Cafe & Shabu Shabu, 88 West 3rd
Street;  Otafuku, 36 East 9th Street.

Bon appetit, Selene