Schtick Restaurants -- was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Pho

Tom Vincent tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 07:17:47 PST 2006

There's a Pinnacle Peak Patio restaurant North of Phoenix with the same theme & schtick.  I ordered my steak well done and they brought me a boot on a plate.  http://www.pppatio.com/
  Duriel
Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Mar 28 08:49:40 CST 2006

---------------------------------

On Mar 28, 2006, at 9:03 AM, Elaine Koogler wrote:    > And then, of course, there's the bar in Alaska (not a Chinese    > place, but good ol' English!) named "Tricky Dick's Half-way Inn"!     > I really am not joking.  We were there several years back...it's    > about half-way between Anchorage and Fairbanks.  When you visit,    > you sign a dollar bill and it gets stapled to the ceiling or    > wall...wherever there's room!  > Kiri    Your post has got me thinking of restaurants, bars, etc., with some    odd traditions. Who's got accounts of those to share? Apart from the    old Sloppy Louie's in New York, where you used to be able to sneak in    through the kitchen door, see what looked good on your way to the    dining room, and order accordingly, the entry that screams to be    talked about is a place called, I believe, The Pinnacle Peak, outside    San Bernardino, CA. I have no idea if they're still around, but it    was considered sort of unofficially mandatory to A)
 understand that    neckties were strictly forbidden, and B) to wear the most    outrageously trashy tie you could find, because they would then have    a little ceremony where they'd snip your tie off with a large pair of    tailor's shears, and nail it to the beam above the bar.    As I recall, the menu consisted of the Cowgirl Steak (a T-bone/   porterhouse that hung over the edge of the plate), the Cowboy Steak    (a definite porterhouse that hung off the edge of the table if you    weren't careful), a burger for kids, although I STR it was probably    at least 1/2 a pound of meat, pinto beans, sourdough bread, and some    form of green salad. They might have had pies for dessert, but we    never got that far.    As I say, I have no idea if they still exist, and I haven't been    there since the mid-70's, but they were a lot of fun.    Adamantius

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Tom Vincent

“To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men”

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

“If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again”

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.”

“Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.”

“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.”

- Abraham Lincoln